Georgia Auto Quote – Budget Insurance Agency
Georgia Auto Insurance: Insurance for all Georgians
Every Georgia driver needs auto insurance. Whether you just got your license or have driven for years, you are going to face risks every time you drive. You might even pose a few to others yourself. Therefore, you’ll need to carry auto insurance. It’s not just an option for Alabamians’ it is a requirement.
By having car insurance, you can protect yourself, your vehicle and other people in case of sudden vehicle mishaps. Let O’Neal & Associates Insurance help you get the appropriate protection!
The Importance of Auto Insurance for Georgia Drivers
When you get car insurance, you shouldn’t settle for any policy. You’ll need one that protects you for the unique driver you are. The right coverage will provide you with adequate financial protection and assistance should you face a bad vehicle mishap.
What if you have a wreck that causes several thousand dollars in damage to your car? You might not be able to afford them, or you simply don’t want to spend valuable savings trying to clean up the mess. That’s where car insurance can help you. It’s there for the financial trouble you can’t predict.
Minimum State Coverage Requirements
Don’t think car insurance is optional. The State of Georgia requires all registered drivers, under threat of penalty, to carry liability coverage.
Liability coverage will help you pay others for the damage they cause others. Georgia is an at-fault state. The authorities will determine whose actions caused the wreck and then assign fault to those parties. The responsible parties’ liability insurance can help pay for the losses of others. If you are at fault, for example, those harmed by your actions can use your liability coverage to file a claim.
Most coverage will contain:
- Bodily injury (BI) liability coverage: This coverage pays for third-party medical bills sustained in an accident. Coverage also often provides a death benefit in case of fatal accidents.
- Property damage liability (PDL) insurance: PDL coverage will pay for damage you cause to others’ property. For example, if you hit their car, coverage can pay for the vehicle’s repairs.
Georgia law requires all liability policies to contain at least:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person
- $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage total per accident
- $25,000 property damage liability insurance per accident
The law also requires you to carry uninsured/underinsured driver insurance*. This coverage insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability insurance. For example, if you become the victim of a hit-and-run, coverage might apply. You must carry:
- $25,000 per person
- $50,000 per accident
In most cases, drivers need more liability coverage than the state-mandated minimums. Most people carry well over $100,000 in bodily injury coverage, for example. Let us help you settle on higher limits that will give you more security, but remain affordable nonetheless.
*Georgia allows drivers to waive their un/under coverage requirement by writing to their insurer.
Expanding Your Coverage
Just because you must carry liability and uninsured coverage on your policy, that doesn’t mean you have to carry only that protection. Georgia insurers offer a wealth of policy options. Each addition to your coverage can result in less financial stress should you have an accident.
Ask your agent about adding the following to your coverage:
- Collision Insurance: This policy will pay for damage to your own vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Non-accident hazards might damage your car. This coverage will pay for such losses. Generally, your policy can pay for damage from fire, weather, theft vandalism and related occurrences.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): If you get hurt in a wreck, PIP coverage can help you pay for your own medical bills. Coverage might also cover lost wages, and even death benefits in certain cases. Sometimes, you can extend protection to both yourself and your passengers.
Other coverage offers might help you pay for roadside assistance, towing, glass insurance and rental car costs. Ask your agent how to add these protective elements to your coverage.
We Insure High-Risk Drivers
Sometimes, drivers face challenges getting coverage because insurers might label them high-risk drivers. You might obtain a high-risk designation for:
- Driving without a valid license. It is simple, unlicensed drivers should not drive, and you must keep your license active to maintain privileges.
- Driving without insurance. The law requires you to carry insurance because you both pose and face multiple hazard risks on the road. Therefore, if you drive without coverage, you create a financial risk for yourself and others. That’s why you need coverage continuously.
- Committing multiple traffic offenses. Such actions might signal that you have a higher risk of causing an accident.
- Causing at-fault wrecks. If you cause one wreck, what’s to say you won’t cause another? Your insurer might designate you high-risk following multiple wrecks. Accidents that are not your fault likely won’t cause this designation, however.
- At times, your age or experience might cause you to have higher driving risks than others. For example, the youngest drivers don’t have a lot of experience behind them. They might have a higher risk of causing accident, for example.
If you drive uninsured or commit particularly offenses you will likely face penalties from the state itself. Your penalties might include everything from high fines to even prison sentence.
Also, driving high-risk might cause a variety of penalties from insurers. Some might raise a driver’s insurance premiums. Others might cancel coverage altogether. At O’Neal & Associates Insurance, we understand how it might feel if you struggle to get affordable coverage even though you need it. Therefore, we’ll help you get covered without having to pay exorbitant prices for your auto insurance.
Here When You Need Us
Don’t hesitate to get a quote on a personalized Georgia auto insurance policy right now! Contact us at 478-788-1104 or request an online quote right now!