Auto Insurance Quotes Tennessee – O’Neal & Associates Insurance
Tennessee Car Insurance: Coverage for All Volunteer State Drivers
Tennessee stretches about 440 miles from east to west, and within its borders are over 95,000 miles of highway. Countless drivers travel the state’s roads, and everyone brings driving risks with them. Whenever you drive, it is your job to keep yourself safe. One way to do so is by getting car insurance.
Volunteer State drivers who want affordable auto coverage backed by top-rated policy service can turn to O’Neal & Associates Insurance. Whether you live in Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis, Clarksville, Shelbyville or anywhere else, we can be your source for getting covered.
The Importance of Car Insurance for Tennessee Drivers
The right car insurance will protect a driver and their financial interests as closely as possible if costly car accidents occur. Rather than losing money over mishaps, you can instead rely on your policy to help you. Coverage might pay for vehicle damage, injury costs and the losses your driving mistakes cause others.
Your Coverage Requirements
Tennessee is an at-fault car insurance state. That means if you cause a car wreck, then you are the person responsible for paying the damage costs. To ensure that at-fault drivers have the resources to pay, state law requires nearly all drivers to carry proof of financial responsibility. Most people get that proof by carrying auto liability insurance.
What is the minimum auto insurance coverage?
Tennessee’s financial responsibility law requires all car insurance issued in the state to contain at least:
- Bodily injury (BI) liability insurance: Coverage will pay medical bills or other costs of third parties hurt by your mistakes. It might pay other drivers, their passengers and even pedestrians.
- Property damage (PD) liability coverage: This protection pays for damage you cause to a third party’s belongings in wrecks. It might cover costs like the repairs or replacement of their vehicle.
The law further requires that policies contain at least the following amounts of BI and PD coverage:
- $25,000 BI coverage per person
- $50,000 BI coverage total per accident
- $15,000 PD insurance per accident
Expanding Your TN Coverage
Car insurance can offer many more protective options than just the required liability insurance. Though optional, you can benefit from these elements nonetheless.
- Higher Liability Insurance: You usually have the option to increase your minimum liability limits. With more coverage, you can gain a big benefit if you face expensive accident costs.
- Collision Insurance: This policy will pay for damage to your own vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive Insurance: This coverage can pay for your car’s damage from fire, weather, theft vandalism and related occurrences.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Coverage: You might be the victim of an accident where an at-fault driver does not have enough liability insurance (or any at all) to cover your expenses. This coverage can help you cover these costs instead.
- Medical Payments Insurance: This coverage can help you supplement your medical costs following injuries in an accident.
Other coverage might provide roadside assistance, towing, glass insurance and rental car costs.
Do Not Drive Uninsured
Since car insurance is the law in Tennessee, going without it will result in penalties. These might include:
- License suspensions
- Registration revocation
- SR-22 penalties
- Jail time
- Fines and financial assessments
Your insurer must notify you if your policy will lapse due to nonpayment of your premium or other issues. However, the insurer has no obligation to provide a grace period if you do not pay your premium by the listed cancellation date.
We Insure High-Risk (or Non-standard) Drivers
Some drivers have high-risk driver designations. This risk designation tells insurers that the driver has a high likelihood of filing a claim on their policy. You might obtain a high-risk designation for:
- Driving without a valid license
- Driving without insurance
- Committing multiple traffic offenses
- Causing at-fault wrecks
As a result of a high-risk designation, some insurers might raise your premiums, refuse to issue you a new policy or even cancel your coverage altogether. But, you still have to carry coverage. Your O’Neal & Associates Insurance agent can help you get covered despite your risk rating, and we can do it in a way that ensures you pay a fair price.
Here When You Need Us
At O’Neal & Associates Insurance, we understand how it feels if you have to struggle to get affordable car insurance when you need it. No Tennessee driver should have to face that problem. Come to us, and we’ll help you get a personalize car insurance policy that will always keep your best interests at heart! So, don’t wait; Call us at 855-218-6308 or request an online quote right now!