Auto Insurance Quotes Mississippi – O’Neal & Associates Insurance
Mississippi Car Insurance
Like most states, Mississippi mandates that all registered drivers must have car insurance, regardless of whether they drive every day or very infrequently. Owning a vehicle is expensive, and driving one is dangerous, no matter how safe you try to be. If you want to protect yourself from the ramifications of any number of costly vehicle hazards, then you need to have quality auto insurance in place.
With car insurance, you’ll be able to affordably protect yourself against any number of sudden vehicle mishaps. Let O’Neal & Associates Insurance help you get the benefits you deserve.
Why Mississippi Drivers Need Car Insurance
You never know when you might have a car wreck, if your car might get stolen, or if someone might sue you because you caused an accident that harmed them. Any of these challenges might prove very expensive, but if you have the right car insurance in place, you’ll be able to use your plan to pay for most of your recovery costs, as opposed to paying out-of-pocket.
But when you get auto insurance, you must not settle for just any policy. You want your benefits to protect you and your vehicle, while not costing an arm and a leg. That’s where our dedicated insurance experts can step in to help you find the perfect benefits solutions.
Your Coverage Requirements
Mississippi enforces a mandatory financial responsibility law for all drivers. While there are numerous ways to prove financial responsibility, the easiest way is to carry auto liability insurance.
As an at-fault insurance state, Mississippi requires those who cause accidents to pay for both their own damage and the damage they do to others (other drivers, property owners, pedestrians). The responsible party’s liability insurance can help pay for those third-party losses.
Liability insurance offers two primary benefits:
- Bodily injury (BI) liability coverage: This coverage pays for third-party medical bills sustained in an accident. Coverage also often provides a death benefit in case of fatal accidents.
- Property damage (PD) liability insurance: PDL coverage will pay for damage you cause to others’ property. For example, if you hit their car, coverage can pay for the vehicle’s repairs.
When buying an auto policy in Mississippi, your plan must contain at least:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person
- $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage total per accident
- $25,000 property damage liability insurance per accident
In most cases, drivers need more liability coverage than the state-mandated minimums. Most people carry well over $100,000 in bodily injury coverage, for example. Let us help you settle on higher limits that will give you more security, but remain affordable, nonetheless.
Expanding Your Coverage
Auto insurance policies offer much more expansive benefits than just liability insurance, and the more coverage you carry, the better your financial needs will be met following a challenge behind the wheel.
Ask your agent about adding the following to your coverage:
- Collision Insurance: This policy will pay for damage to your own vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Non-accident hazards might damage your car. This coverage will pay for such losses. Generally, your policy can pay for damage from fire, weather, theft vandalism and related occurrences.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): If you get hurt in a wreck, PIP coverage can help you pay for your own medical bills. Coverage might also cover lost wages, and even death benefits in certain cases. Sometimes, you can extend protection to both yourself and your passengers.
Other coverage offers might help you pay for roadside assistance, towing, glass insurance and rental car costs. Ask your agent how to add these protective elements to your coverage.We Insure High-Risk Drivers
Sometimes, drivers face challenges getting coverage because insurers might label them high-risk drivers. You might obtain a high-risk designation for:
- Driving without a valid license.
- Driving without insurance.
- Committing multiple traffic offenses.
- Causing at-fault wrecks
If you drive uninsured or commit particularly serious offenses, then you will face legal penalties. Additionally, you might face penalties from your insurer. Some might raise your insurance rates, while others might even cancel your plan altogether.
At O’Neal & Associates Insurance, we understand how it might feel if you struggle to get affordable coverage even though you need it. Therefore, we’ll help you get covered without having to pay exorbitant prices for your auto insurance.
Here When You Need Us
Don’t hesitate to get a quote on a personalized auto insurance policy right now! Contact us at 855-218-6308 or request an online quote right now!