Virginia Car Insurance: You’ll Love Our Affordable Coverage Options
In the last few decades, Virginia has experienced explosive population and infrastructure growth. There are now even more drivers in the Old Dominion than ever before. All of them need car insurance.
Don’t put yourself at-risk of costly losses in case you have a problem with your car. Rather, get car insurance that can offer you tailored, top-rated protection. O'Neal & Associates Insurance is here to help you get it.
The Importance of Car Insurance for Virginia Drivers
Any driver who wants to protect themselves and their wallet needs car insurance. With a policy, you will always know that you can get financial help for car accidents if you need it. Better still, your policy can cover not only your own damage costs, but also those of others.
No matter how you cut the cake, by getting car insurance, you take an important step that is in your best financial interest.
What is Virginia’s minimum auto insurance?
Virginia is an at-fault car insurance state. That means that if you cause a wreck, you will likely have to pay the damage costs. This often includes paying for the damage you cause to others.
As a result of these rules, the law also requires nearly all drivers registered in Virginia to have car insurance. All policies issued in the state will contain two types of coverage:
- Bodily injury (BI) liability coverage: This coverage will pay for the injury costs of other drivers, their passengers, pedestrians or others injured by accidents that are your fault.
- Property damage (PD) liability coverage: Coverage can help you pay for the repairs to another driver’s car after you hit it, as well as for damage to other property that is your fault.
All policies, by default, must also contain at least the following BI and PD limits:
- $25,000 BI coverage per person
- $50,000 BI coverage per accident
- $20,000 PD coverage per accident
Please note: In Virginia, you can elect not to carry the state’s required car insurance. However, you will have to pay an uninsured motorist fee upon registration. Commercial vehicles sometimes have the option to provide proof of self-insurance or surety bonds.
Expanding Your Coverage
Your Virginia policy usually offers other, optional protection than just the mandated liability policy limits.
- Increased Liability Insurance: You do have the option to increase your BI and PD liability limits so that they can provide you even more assistance.
- Collision Insurance: This policy will pay for damage to your own vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Comprehensive coverage can pay for car damage from fire, weather, theft, vandalism and related occurrences.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Coverage: You might become the victim of an accident where an at-fault driver does not have enough liability insurance (or any at all) to cover your expenses. This coverage can help you cover these costs instead.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Insurance: With coverage, you can pay your own medical bills, lost income and other costs following accidents. PIP coverage usually pays regardless of if you or another party was at-fault for wrecks.
Other coverage might pay for roadside assistance, towing, glass replacements and rental car costs.
Do Not Get Caught Driving Uninsured
If you don’t have insurance (or pay the uninsured fee), then penalties will result. These might include:
- SR-22 requirements
- License suspensions
- Registration and plate suspensions
Please note, Virginia uses an auto insurance verification program to track whether drivers have insurance. If your policy lapses, this system notify will the DMV, and you will face charges.
We Can Insure High-Risk, Non-Standard Drivers
Some insurers label certain policyholders as high-risk drivers after they commit driving offenses like:
- Driving without a valid license
- Driving without insurance
- Committing multiple traffic offenses
- Causing at-fault wrecks
- Receiving a DUI charge
Because of the risk designation, insurers might raise a driver’s premiums or even cancel their coverage. Still, just because you are a high risk, you shouldn’t struggle to get a policy you have to carry anyway. O'Neal & Associates Insurance agents can help you search and compare your policy options to get the right one.
Here When You Need Us
At O'Neal & Associates Insurance , we understand how it might feel if you struggle to get affordable car insurance when you need it. We’ll help you get covered without having to pay exorbitant prices for coverage. Don’t hesitate to get a quote on a tailored, personalize policy now! Contact us at 855-218-6308 or request an online quote right now!