Alexandria VA Auto, Home & Business Insurance
George Washington's hometown
Alexandria, Virginia, is a city on the Potomac River, just south of Washington, DC. It’s known for its Old Town, with brick sidewalks and well-preserved 18th- and 19th-century buildings. King Street is lined with boutiques and specialty shops. Founding fathers dined at Gadsby’s Tavern, now a museum with period objects and photographs. Carlyle House Historic Park is a restored Georgian mansion with a garden.
One of the most voted in Travel + Leisure’s Best Cities in the U.S. 2022 and Condé Nast Traveler’s Top 5 Best Small Cities in the U.S. 2022, Alexandria is a welcoming weekend escape next to the nation’s capital accessible by water taxis, Metrorail, bike share and more. Here are the can’t-miss Alexandria experiences to add to your itinerary. Source: Visit Alexandria
1. Stroll the King Street Mile, one of the “Great Streets” of America
2. Enjoy a Sightseeing Cruise or Water Taxi
3. Experience History Where it Happened
4. See Art in Action at a Former Torpedo Factory
5. See the Tiny Spite House, the Skinniest Historic House in America
More of these in this link.